Monday, June 9, 2008

June Stats, Cont’d

June Stats: 2428 hands, +8.89BB/100.

Bankroll: 27BI (I got rake back today, helped nicely).

Move-up Goal: 45BI.

# of hands at 5 BB/100 winrate left to play: 9000.

I was thinking today, “Boy, I never have hands that really stand out to me anymore.  I play and play and they don’t stick out anymore.”

I wonder what that means.  I’m not paying attention to my play?  Nothing is fascinating to me at the levels I’m at any more?  I’m bored?  I think that last one is probably it.  If I was really concerned about the money I’d probably deliberate a bit more, but most of the time I play a hand and I’m fairly certain how I’m going to be playing it before the hand gets to the flop.

F’rinstance, had a QQ today.  Re-raised a rather tight guy to my right who raised UTG.  He was fairly aggressive, and earlier I re-raised him with KK and got two smaller half-stacks to push into me.  That was a fairly interesting hand, too… but here’s the QQ hand:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

Hero ($20.80)
BB ($5.25)
UTG ($9.80)
MP ($4.30)
CO ($10)
Button ($9.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Qc, Qd.
2 folds, CO checks, Button raises to $0.4, SB raises to $1.25, 1 fold, CO calls $1.10, Button folds.

Flop: ($2.95) 7d, 3c, Ks (2 players)
SB bets $2, CO calls $2.

Turn: ($6.95) 5c (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($6.95) 2h (2 players)
SB bets $4, CO calls $4.

Final Pot: $14.95

Results in white below:
Hero has Qc Qd (one pair, queens).
CO has Kc Js (one pair, kings).
Outcome: CO wins $14.95.

Silly river bet?  Maybe, but I could see him calling with just about any pocket pair.  He checked behind on the turn, whereas a bet on the turn might put him more into the holding a K territory.  Anyway, I grumbled a little bit about the hand and moved on.  If I hadn’t been posting this blog tonight I’d have forgotten about this hand tomorrow.  I did put a note on the guy so that if this happens again I can push my AK into him and he’ll probably call. 

I probably should have check/called the river, which would have widened his range even more and made the call and getting money in on the river make more sense.

Maybe at the stakes I’m playing there are just so many, shall we be nice and say ‘recreational players’ playing that I’m making a lot of calls that would be more difficult at higher stakes.  That’s probably it… people’s ranges are so wide for aggression at these levels that if you can beat the top-pair on the board or have a good amount of equity in the hand you can call a lot of big bets.

Here’s a fun KK hand:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

Hero ($10.95)
CO ($5.35)
Button ($9.80)
SB ($3.90)
BB ($7.70)
UTG ($9.60)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Kd, Kh.
UTG raises to $0.3, MP raises to $1.2, 2 folds, SB raises to $3.95 (All-In), BB raises to $7.8 (All-In), UTG folds, Hero calls $6.50.

Flop: ($19.65) 2s, Qc, 9d (3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($19.65) 8d (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($19.65) Ks (3 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $19.75

Results in white below:
SB has Ts Ac (high card, ace).
BB has As Ad (one pair, aces).
Hero has Kd Kh (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome:

No comments: